Circuit Breaker Business Support Package
Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two
The Victorian Government’s $371 million Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two will assist eligible small to medium businesses most affected by the restrictions announced on Thursday 27 May 2021 and extended beyond Thursday 3 June 2021.
The program offers grants of up to $5,000 to eligible small and medium businesses, including employing and non-employing businesses. The grants will support businesses in eligible sectors directly impacted by restrictions.
Eligible businesses with an annual payroll of up to $10 million can receive grants of $2,500 or $5,000.
To be eligible, businesses must:
- be located within Victoria
- operate in an eligible sector listed in the list of eligible ANZSIC classes for this program
- have incurred direct costs because of the restrictions and cannot fully operate remotely
- have an annual Victorian payroll of up to $10 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- have been registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on Thursday 27 May 2021
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at Thursday 27 May 2021
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
Employing businesses must also:
- be registered with WorkSafe Victoria
- attest that the business is supporting its workers to access any paid leave entitlements, or that if a person can work from home, to work from home during the circuit breaker action, and supporting their casual workers, where possible.
How to apply
Applications are open until 11:59pm Thursday 24 June 2021.
Check your details on the Australian Business Register website are correct prior to submitting an application. This includes ensuring the industry classification (ANZSIC class) linked to your ABN registration correctly captures the business’ primary business activity.
Complete all questions in the application form and submit it, so we can assess your application as quickly as possible. You must certify that your business meets all eligibility criteria. The Victorian Government or our representatives may audit your application so you will need to produce evidence at the request of the Victorian Government.If any information in your application is false or misleading, you may be asked to repay the grant.
Information you need for your application
When applying for this grant you will need:
- a valid Australian business number (ABN) for your business in one of these eligible business sectors. The ANZSIC class linked to your ABN registration must be one of these eligible sectors
- if you employ people, your WorkCover Employer Number (WEN) or, if this is yet to be issued, a WorkSafe Application Reference Number (WRN)
- a valid proof of identity document (Australian driver licence, Australian Passport, Medicare Card and Australian visa information and foreign passport).
- Please make sure your ABN registration information is current, along with ASIC registration, or relevant regulator information where required.
Incomplete or incorrect information may delay your application assessment. Please complete the application correctly and provide all relevant documentation.
Should you have any questions or need any help applying for the grant, or ensuring you receive all available assistance, please touch base with Scott Partners and we will do our best to assist.