Expanded Business Support Fund for Melbourne Businesses
The Victorian Government is providing a further $5,000 grant to Melbourne based businesses affected by Covid – called the ‘Expanded Business Support Fund’.
The basic requirements to be eligible for this grant are as follows:
- The business must operate with an address located in metropolitan Melbourne or Mitchell Shire (ie. subject to stage 3 ‘Stay at Home Restrictions’);
- Be a participant in the Jobkeeper Payment Scheme;
- Employ people and be registered with Worksafe on 30 June 2020;
- Have an annual payroll of less than $3 million in 2019/20;
- Be registered for GST on 30 June 2020; and
- Hold an ABN as at 30 June 2020.
You may note this grant is similar to the $10,000 business support fund, although that grant was limited to businesses whose wages were below $650,000 and was originally designated for specific industries. The wages threshold for this grant is $3 million.
The link to register/apply if relevant is as follows:https://www.business.
Dont hesitate to contact Scott Partners if you need any further information.